We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth , CloudForte , Intelliserve
What success looks like in this role:'Responsible for providing the first-line of post-sales telephone technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers and/or employees. Answers more complex questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products. Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures. Escalates complex problems to the Remote Support Engineering staff or Field Engineering. Fully qualified and experienced. Typically provides technical support for internal and external customers. Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization.
- 2nd Level telephone contact support
- Respond to and resolve customer requests, in relation to software, hardware and network operations difficulties by providing fast, efficient and friendly customer service.
- Must be logged into the call system so that HHO’s can be received
- Ability to resolve problems with or without remote tools
- Consistently achieve First Contact Resolution performance metric
- Accurately document calls and cases
- Aware of customer’s time restraints and work within those time limits
- Keep customer aware of resolution steps – if ticket needs to be dispatched
- Follow up Service Centre cases and requests to completion
- Provide clients with problem reference numbers and request numbers
- Enter all troubleshooting/resolution steps into the ticket – this information will be used for the 321 team to drive tickets to a lower level
- All tickets are to be touched on a “first in first out basis”, calling the customer on a daily basis
- Escalate tickets as needed if on-site support is required
- Resolve a minimum of 12 tickets per day (1.5 tickets per hour worked)
- Understanding of SLA requirements for the client
- Assist in cross training and communicate quick fixes
- Manage time and workload to meet predetermined service levels
- Maintain data accuracy in Service Centre through contact validation
- Understand the various media sources that interface with the Service Desk
- Champion, implement or support change
- Identify process efficiencies within the Service Centre and to take corrective action to implement change
- Discover and document process and procedures which need to be published to the team or on the Knowledgebase
- Provide 1 knowledge script per week on commonly seen tickets
- Ability to comprehend and uphold Unisys Policies and Procedures(including time reporting, attendance, etc)
You will be successful in this role if you have:Key Qualifications
- Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to the completion of a relevant certificate course and/or relevant experience in Information Technology service delivery Relevant IT qualifications to a tertiary level
- 12 months IT Service Desk experience
- 1 year previous experience providing Level 1 support for MS Office, MS Exchange and MS windows networks
- Working knowledge of data and voice network concepts
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Microsoft Desktop Administration certification
- Analytical and diagnostic skills